As an entertainment agency supplying bands and DJs to weddings throughout the UK we often supply live acts to weddings with a vintage theme. Vintage in the wedding industry has come to mean anything retro and many brides and grooms choose different history periods to theme their wedding around or simply pick and mix from different eras to create an interesting vintage theme.
Many of our wedding bands have played vintage weddings where they have picked up little tips and ideas and in todays blog we thought we would share these with you along with a few vintage wedding entertainment ideas
1. Polaroid Camera for instant retro photos to be pasted into a memories book giving you that instant 1970s glamour.
2.Manual typewriter and nice paper for some old school typed messages
3. Go all 1950′s rock a billy rebel with our great rock n roll band The Burger Bar Boppers
4. Get the 1940′s Andrew Sisters vibe with The Mocking Birds
5. Wear some flares and dance the night away with
6. Choose a movie hollywood glamour theme and we have the ultimate movie theme band with the Movie Killers Big Band
8. Use old seven inch singles as place settings.
9. Hire vintage transport….a double decker bus to transport everyone from the wedding to the venue is very effective.
10. Hire a vintage mobile DJ. LMM have DJs who can specialise in Northern Soul and Motown, Rock N Roll or 1970s just call the office for details.